Your fitness goals, I mean! A lot of people ask me how I stay motivated and what’s my secret. Here’s are some tips on how I stay on track and rules I live by that have served me well.
1. You will never regret going to the gym or squeezing in a good workout. This is the number one tip I always tell everyone when they say they don’t want to go to the gym and I’ve noticed it really gives people the motivation to follow through
2. Set realistic goals. Whether it’s an upcoming trip with your girlfriends, the thought of Summer being here before you know it or for health reasons, having something to look forward to will help you make baby steps and feel like it’s possible!
3. Know your weaknesses and how to overcome them. Getting up in the morning can be difficult for me so every night I pack my gym bag and lunch, set out my workout clothes for the next day and make sure that I get 7 hours of sleep so I’m ready to go when my alarm wakes me up
4. Find classes you enjoy and you will never feel like working out is a chore. I’ve fallen in love with Equinox and their amenities. I also enjoy their challenging classes so when I enter the gym, it’s my happy place that I always look forward to going
5. Make friends! Having a support system at the gym and holds you accountable and one more reason to be social
6. Your fitness should be a priority. I treat my workout classes like a second job and my #1 personal commitment to myself
7. Stick to a schedule. This mentally reinforces your commitment to your fitness goals. Knowing that I have workout classes every morning, even on the weekends helps me plan accordingly. I never schedule anything on Tuesday nights knowing that I have Buff Ballet Body that night
8. Your body is a science experiment. No one is perfect and if you splurge one day then tomorrow is a new day to start over. Know that you can always try new things to keep yourself from getting bored and what’s most important is figuring out what’s best for you. Everyone is unique so try and explore new classes, different times to workout and foods you may not normally eat
9. Deciding you want to make a change in your life. Getting in shape, eating healthy and putting in the time is the first step to success. Fitness is a life-long journey that requires hard work mentally and physically
10. Keep track of your accomplishments. This will remind you how far you’ve come on days when you feel defeated or unmotivated
11. Proper workout attire. Wearing the right clothes and shoes will not only keep you from injuring yourself but also help you perform your best. As silly as it may sound, I look forward to getting dressed in my hot pink workout capris
With summer just around the corner, a reminder that I’ll be wearing a bikini soon is a BIG motivator for me!
My yearly trips to Hawaii are a goal to start getting into shape ASAP!
My sister is a great support system when I’m feeling overwhelmed with trying to reach my fitness goals. She reminds me of how far we’ve come and we make a new plan on how to achieve my goals
Halloween is one of my favorite reasons to celebrate in silly, outrageous costumes! What better reason than to be able to wear whatever you want on Halloween!
Any tips that help you stay on track? You ready to make a positive change in your life?